Monday, May 7, 2012

Sunday - Church and softball

I guess we haven't adjusted to the time change as well as we'd thought. We all fell asleep around 8:30 (it gets dark here at 6:00!) but then we all woke up at midnight! I kept trying to remember the verse in Psalms about sleeping. It's Psalm 3:5 - I will lay down and rest in peace, for the Lord sustains me. We keep telling ourselves that if we get tired enough, we WILL sleep!

We went to church with the Dimmocks at Maseru United Church. The worship songs were so familiar - Yes, Lord, Hallelujah, Amazing Grace - but the accent was way cool. So much diversity in the church - Frank said 22 different nationalities attend. The Church truly is a global body. The pastor is from Zimbabwe. He spoke on Ephesians 1 & 2 - God is a God of purpose, and He created us as His workmanship to do his purpose. He also touched on adoption, and how God brings us all into His family and redeems us because He knows the plans he has for us. Love it! God was talking to me - calming my fears and reminding me that God has big plans for Palamang's life.

We found an internet cafe in the mall close to our hotel - but by the time we got there it was closed. I'm feeling very stupid communication-wise. The phone and the wifi situation is confusing. But I think, if we go during business hours, we can buy wifi time for very little money. And - bonus - Sam showed me how to hook up my iphone to her keyboard. So I don't have to use my thumbs!

We were able to call M'e Mahlapane. We are meeting her tomorrow morning at 8:45 Lesotho time (3:45 am ET) for a 9:00 am meeting with the Department of Social Welfare. I'm casting all my anxieties on the Lord RIGHT NOW. So, hopefully, we'll be able to blog tomorrow afternoon after we have Palamang!

We still need prayers for Palamang's passport. Now M'e Mahlapane can't go for his passport until Tuesday afternoon. She said she can get it in two days, but that means we need to reschedule our Wednesday embassy appointment until Friday. So somehow I need to figure out how to call them! Please pray we can get an appointment Friday morning (with the passport). Honestly though, once we're here I don't feel as nervous about staying IF we have to. But of course I'd rather come home with the entire family on May 26.

The weather here is gorgeous. Think beautiful fall day in Louisville, with piercing blue skies and no humidity, cool nights and warm days. Trent and Sam are taking advantage of the perfect softball weather by...playing softball! I imagine the guest house guards think we're crazy. Sam knocking the wiffle ball in front of our rondaval.




Blessings,

Kristi

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. So excited to see your post, and the pic of Sam! Praying for you!!! ...and that passport!!

    ReplyDelete