Friday, May 4, 2012

South Africa

We made it! We boarded our flight in Atlanta at 7:30 pm on Thursday and arrived in Johannesburg at 5:30 pm Friday. Kind of surreal. I'm not sure where I am in time and space. I sat next to a lovely woman from South Africa who works for a cruise line. She gave me the lowdown on avoiding jet lag (don't know how effective it is yet.) We were hoping the seat next to me would stay empty (Trent and Sam would in the next section over) but a man from Botswana rushed in at the last second. Ah well. I'd never met anyone from Botswana before I did have to jump over him at one point, which was very nimble of me. Fortunately he didn't wake up! It was a LONG flight and none of us slept well, but it honestly wasn't as bad as I'd anticipated. God's blessings or low expectations?

We got through baggage and customs with no problems! They even put all the MIS totes on a trolley for us. I was surprised how quiet the airport was - until we reached the rotunda. Then there was singing and drumming and dancing! That's when my excitement ramped up! Sam said, "we're in Africa!" Frank and Jessee met us in the rotunda, we loaded ALL our luggage in the rental van, then we drove to the Baptist Guest House where we're spending the night. We had a great pizza dinner with a fizzy apple drink and now we're ready to sleep!

Psalm 37:4 Delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.

Blessings,

Kristi


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!!! And you got to experience the awesomeness of singing and dancing in the airport! dont you love it?!!! we've had that kind of greeting await us in the past and sooooo cherish it! hope you wake up refreshed this morning for your roadtrip and enjoy all the sights!

    ReplyDelete